How to get to the IRC
Bus and Train Connections
For buslines, stops and timetables please consult the public bus service's ATAF web site
For rail travel in Italy, please consult the online timetable available in English
From the railway station Santa Maria Novella, the main ATAF buses are nos. 1, 6, 7, 17.
Main bus stops before arriving at the IRC:
- Florence railway station (S.M.N.),
- Piazza Duomo
- Piazza S. Marco
- Via Cesare Battisti (bus no. 6 only)
The ride from the station takes about 7-8 minutes. Once you get off the bus in Piazza S. Marco, go through via Cesare
Battisti to Piazza SS. Annunziata. Cross the Piazza, and enter the doorway under the
arches. Ask the doorman there: UNICEF is on the second floor in that building.
Bus tickets must be bought before boarding the bus at:
- the ATAF bus-ticket kiosk (outside of the railway station);
- the self-service vending machines;
- the tobacconists and most cafe/bars displaying the orange "Biglietti ATAF" sign on the door
Florence is linked to the major railway lines in Italy. The main railway station in Florence is Santa Maria Novella (S.M.N.).