Employment opportunities at UNICEF IRC
1- Research & Evaluation Specialist
How to apply: Click here
Purpose of the Position:
The incumbent to develop and undertake research on governance and human rights affecting the situation of children, and carries out advocacy with human rights institutions and development organizations in support of the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child. S/he will also help develop conceptual frameworks and methodological approaches to address new research dimensions relevant for UNICEF.
Key Expected Results:
1. Develop, manage and carry out research and analysis on governance and the promotion, protection and realization of children's rights. Promote research on emerging governance and child rights issues to support policy and practice and UNICEF advocacy . Identify partners, develop research designs, terms of reference and workplans for specific studies. Organize expert consultations; identify data and reference materials; prepare technical reports; manage review processes, and oversee the finalisation of studies.
2. Research and prepare background papers on governance and child rights issues and provide technical support and advice within UNICEF and with external partners with special focus on emerging issues concerning the protection of children's rights and children and governance. Contribute to office-wide initiatives by identifying significant new research and researchers/research institutions implementing quality research relevant to UNICEF as a whole and by preparing accessible syntheses of research findings.
3. Develop strategies and partnerships, and conduct advocacy with international development and human rights institutions, including the Committee on the Rights of the Child, in order to promote consideration of key governance and children's rights issues. Provide input from these external partners to inform UNICEF policies/strategies.
4. Contribute to knowledge management by providing quality assurance for research on governance and children's rights issues within UNICEF as a whole, through technical input to research ToR prepared by other parts of the organization and technical advice on research methodologies. Serve on advisory boards for research by country offices, regional offices and headquarters and contribute to peer review. Maintain an overview of research on governance and child rights both within UNICEF and outside, advising chief of child protection and the implementation of international standards on strategically significant gaps and opportunities.
5. Contribute to the interdisciplinary research and advocacy of UNICEF through participation in project teams and provision of substantive inputs and comments.
2- Institutional contract: Multi-Country Study on the Drivers of Violence Affecting Children
Application deadline: All proposals should be sent to email@example.com by 29 Agust 2014, quoting in subject: Reference- Multi Country Study on the Drivers of Violence Affecting Children (VaC)
Terms of Reference: Read more about this vacancy by Clicking here
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and UN P-11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of 29 August, 2014.
The subject of the email should indicate: Multi-Country Study on the Drivers of Violence Affecting Children (VaC).
Please indicate ability, availability and the cost (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference indicating daily rates, separate overhead costs. Applications submitted without this information will not be considered.
For details on applicable terms and conditions of contract, please click here.