- Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women, Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, Seventh periodic report of States parties, Kenya, CEDAW/C/KEN/7, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Geneva, 24 March 2010.
- Evelia, Humphres at al.,Contributing to Efforts Towards the Abandonment of FGM/C in Kenya: A situation analysis, prepared on behalf of the Ministry of Gender Sports, Culture and Social Services of Kenya, Population Council, Nairobi, June 2007.
- Shell-Duncan, Bettina,Between Law, Religion and Tradition: Contesting female genital cutting in Kenya, Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Anthropological Association, Washington D.C., 28 November - 1 December 2007.
- Central Bureau of Statistics [Kenya], Ministry of Health [Kenya], and ORC Macro, Kenya Demographic and Health Survey 2003, Central Bureau of Statistics, Ministry of Health, and ORC Macro, Calverton, Maryland, 2004.
- Kenya National Bureau of Statistics and ICF Macro, Kenya Demographic and Health Survey 2008-09, Kenya National Bureau of Statistics and ICF Macro, Calverton, Maryland, 2010, pp. 264-268.
- Laws of Kenya, The Children Act, 2001, No 8 of 2001, revised edition 2007 (2001), published by the National Council for Law Reporting with the Authority of the Attorney General, article 14 and 20.
- Chege, Jane Njeri, Ian Askew and Jennifer Liku, An Assessment of the Alternative Rites Approach for Encouraging Abandonment of Female Genital Mutilation in Kenya.Frontiers in Reproductive Health, Population Council, Washington DC, September 2001.
Selected Resources on Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C)
Selected bibliography on FGM/C in Kenya: