UNICEF has a universal mandate for children in every country. For the past 20 years, the Office for Research has contributed to this mandate through its Innocenti Report Card series. The Report Cards focus on the well-being of children in high-income countries. They have been at the forefront of informing and influencing debates about children’s well-being in these countries.
In recent years, the office has also developed other research on children in high-income countries. This has included reports on:
- Family-friendly policies which ranks countries on their policies on parental leave and childcare services,
- The financial impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on children and families which highlights the risks of the pandemic for child well-being and makes a series of recommendations about how to reduce these risks.
During 2021, we will be publishing reports on:
- The accessibility, affordability, and quality of childcare
- Children’s participation rights
- Research to inform the European Union Child Guarantee
- Children’s experiences and views of COVID-19 in Italy.