What information does UNICEF Innocenti collect?
Normal website usageIn general, you can browse the UNICEF Innocenti site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information we gather during general browsing is from standard server logs. These include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the web site that referred you to us, the files you downloaded, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits.
Collection of personally identifiable informationIf you register for a newsletter, order a book, request information, provide feedback, apply for a job, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, postal address and e-mail address. This information is collected only with your knowledge and permission, and is kept in various UNICEF Innocenti databases.
Registering or supplying personal information sets a cookie.* By setting this cookie, UNICEF will remember your details the next time you visit, so you don't have to re-enter the information. This helps us to provide you with a better service.
What does UNICEF Innocenti do with the information it collects?
Normal website usageThe information gathered during general browsing of the "unicef-irc.org" domain is used to analyze trends and usage of the UNICEF Innocenti site and to improve the usefulness of the site. It is not connected with any personal information. However, if you have registered with UNICEF Innocenti in connection with any activity on the UNICEF Innocenti site, the information we collect about your normal web usage will be identifiable to you.
Personally identifiable informationUNICEF may use the personal information you provide to:
- Contact you - either in response to a query or suggestion, or to mail newsletters, documents, publications, etc. to you, and we also may provide the information to the UNICEF national committees so they can contact you as well;
- Manage and process your job application;
- Confirm your purchases and registrations on the site;
- Obtain payment for purchases through the site (via credit card);
- "Remember" your online profile and preferences;
- Help you quickly find information that is relevant to you based on your interests, and help us create site contents most relevant to you;
- Undertake statistical analysis.
What if I don't want to provide personal information?Providing personal information on the UNICEF Innocenti web site is optional. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still browse and use the UNICEF Innocenti site, but you will not be able to carry out certain actions such as registering for a newsletter, or accessing the community services.
Opting out and changing your informationAt any time, you can cancel or modify your information by returning to the web page where you first provided the information and contacting the focal point for that page/relevant UNICEF department. Where contact details are not provided on the page, you can contact us for further information.
The UNICEF Innocenti site contains link to sites external to the “unicef-irc.org” domain. UNICEF Innocenti is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
* Cookies : a Cookie is a small amount of data that is sent from the web server to your browser. It is normally used to assign a unique identification to your computer and securely store information such as user IDs, passwords, preferences, and online profiles. It is stored on the hard drive of your computer. You can choose not to have cookies delivered by UNICEF sites by changing your browser settings. Different web sites can send their own cookies to your computer. To protect your privacy, your browser only allows a web site to access the cookies it has already sent you, no the cookies sent by other sites.